Friday, April 21, 2017

Wrapping Things Up

The end of the semester is so close, yet so far away. There are roughly one million things that I need to do before I can leave Durham for the summer. I have mixed emotions about going home for the summer this year. On the one hand, I could not be more excited to be done with school work for a few months, this year has been grueling. On the other hand, I don't really get a summer vacation. I am not necessarily upset about this because I am excited to be having an internship for the summer, but it does make it a little bit harder to get excited to leave UNH. I am also sad about the fact that the next time I will be coming back for a fall semester, it will be my last. I am not ready for a full year of "lasts". It is going to be really hard for me. Not only have I made some unforgettable friends here at UNH, but it has also become my home, I don't know what it is going to be like to leave this place for good next year. I believe that next year is going to be totally different for all of us in HMP. We are all going to have some real experience under our belt, and we are going to be able to share that and teach that to each other. When I first went to my sisters graduation from UNH three years ago, I was sad to learn that we have to sit next to the people in our major instead of our friends during the ceremony. Now that I think about it, there is no one else I would rather sit next to than the people I spend countless hours in Pettee 114 with. We have been through the best and worst classes, the hardest tests, and the funniest memories. We all understand what the other has been through over the last few years. I feel as though when we finally reach the finish line, and get handed our diplomas, we should do it together. I really do believe that we have grown together as a family. I have developed friendships with people in our major that I wasn't planning on. I genuinely enjoy their presence, and would hang out with them outside of class in a heart beat. I am so glad that I chose HMP as a major, not only because I believe it will help me be successful in the future, but also because I love how small and close knit the program is. I could've gone into business, and probably been just as successful, but I would have sat in classrooms full of 60+ people everyday, not knowing everyone's names, and not developing relationships with my teachers. Sometimes I take all of this for granted, but at this moment in time I am not.

2 comments:

  1. I love how small and close knit HMP is too! It makes it so much easier to present in front of class! Can't wait to be in Pettee 114 again next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally spread my ashes in Pettee when I pass on. I love our little community here. I find myself feeling 50% of the time I cannot wait to get into my career and I am so excited for what my future in health administration has for me and then the other 50% of me can't even imagine leaving Durham. This class has been so awesome for getting to know each other so intimately and I am positive we will all continue to cross paths beyond UNH.

    ReplyDelete