Monday, April 24, 2017

Crunch Time

It is the first day of the last two weeks of school. Only eight more days of classes, and while that feels great to be able to say, these eight days are going to be rough. There are so many assignments due, and they are all extremely important, time consuming ones. The difficult part of the next two weeks is going to be trying to figure out what things to prioritize. I have always struggled with this, as I can never decide what is more important, because everything is important! I did some research and found an article on the liquidplanner website, which was kind of helpful. It outlines six steps that are designed to help you when trying to organize and prioritize task. They go as follows:

1.Collect a list of all your tasks.
2. Identify urgent vs. important
3. Assess value.
4. Order tasks by estimated effort
5. Be flexible and adaptable
6. Know when to cut

Sometime in the beginning of this week I am going to need to sit down, and go through all of the things that I need to get done before the semester ends. I am going to try and follow this advice and see if it helps me stay more on task, and if it helps me to get more things done.

The link to the website: https://www.liquidplanner.com/blog/how-to-prioritize-work-when-everythings-1/

4 comments:

  1. I have a hard time prioritizing too sometimes. It can be daunting when there's always so many things to take care of and everything seems to be due one after another after another! We can do it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it is very hard to prioritize all the assignments because all of them are important to our final grades in our classes. I will definitely use these tips to try and prioritize my assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article! I especially like the ideas of identifying urgent vs. important and ordering tasks by estimated effort. These are two methods I have never tried before. I'll definitely give them a shot in this upcoming week, as it's going to be a busy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has never been one of my strengths. Probably not going to change now. But if you can do this, it will make your life better.

    ReplyDelete