Sunday, May 7, 2017

End of an Era

Tomorrow I am moving out of Durham for the summer. I have been packing all weekend and it is making me more sad than any of the other years I've moved out. This is because every year since I came to school here I have lived with my best friend from home. We shared a dorm room freshman year, just the two of us, last year we shared an apartment with four of our friends, and this year we shared an apartment just the two of us. However, next year we have decided not to live together. We didn't do it because we weren't getting along. We did it because we have different priorities. She wanted to be somewhere in the middle of everything, where nightlife is easily accessible to her. I wanted to be somewhere quieter, where I have more privacy. Over the last year I have made two really great new friends who understand that side of me in a way my old roommate and best friend do not. I am living with them in the lodges next year and I am so excited. I am really nervous and upset to leave my best friend though. I have never lived on my own without her before. We know the way the other works. We know how to not step on the other's toes, and we work well together for the most part. This is going to be a big step for both of us in stepping out of our comfort zones. I'll be interested to see how I adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment